Thursday, July 09, 2009

Perfection is Overrated

I tried to take another photo shoot of the kids recently since our family will be changing soon. Miss Lady and Thumbelina are expected to be going home before the end of the month. They are already having overnight visits. Brother and Snow White will hopefully be adopted by us sometime in mid August. The photo shoot didn't quite work out as well as it usually does. I didn't get a single one of those eye catching, just right photos that usually occur by chance if I take enough pictures. I got a couple of "nice" ones of each kid, except Katie who refused to smile until I let Danya hold her.

So, instead of posting lovely photos of my children this time, I thought I'd share some of the outtakes that made me smile. Sometimes it's the imperfect photos that end up being the most special. Sometimes it's just nice to remember that our kids aren't that perfectly posed sweet little angel in the portrait on our walls or in our scrapbooks. They're just kids. Funny, messy, exasperating, normal kids. Miss Lady asked me the other day when she was feeling a little overwhelmed after a long day rushing around with all the kids in the van, "How do you deal with this many kids and not get frustrated? How can you be smiling still right now?" I told her the simple truth. "Because they're mine." She'll understand someday.

No comments: