Thursday, September 18, 2008

Midnight Hospital Visit

Kevin is quite the little trooper. Monday night at bedtime he started crying uncontrollably when I laid him down. Daniel had just left for work and I was trying to do the "beauty night" I'd promised the girls. So I ran back and forth between giving Kevin Tylenol, sippy cups, and hugs and at the same time trying to paint the girls' nails hot pink.

Kevin fell asleep around 8:30 or so but only for an hour. I ended up calling Daniel at work when I realized that Kevin definitely had a horrible ear infection. He just kept clutching his right ear and crying. So he and I sat on the couch watching Blue's Clues until Daniel could get back from work around 10pm. Daniel scooped Kevin up and took him to the hospital since we didn't think any after hours clinics would be open that late. Upon arrival Kevin promptly threw up all over himself. That's why he's wearing a hospital gown in this photo. He wouldn't take it off until nap time later in the day. He's currently on antibiotics and doing well. Hopefully this clears it up.

1 comment:

April said...

I pray little Kevin well!! The ear infections are so very painful. I lived with them until almost middle school and remember the pain so very well...