Monday, December 25, 2006

What Not to Wear

Daniel took me shopping for a new outfit to take some family photos in. I've been watching TLC's What Not to Wear faithfully for a few months now. I'm trying to follow Stacey and Clinton's advice.

Since I'm losing weight, it was exciting to get to shop in a smaller size. I'm down to a size 14 for the first time in years. The WNTW tips I'm utilizing in this outfit?

1. fitted jacket to slim my waist
2. layers with a neutral camisol under a blue jacket
3. straight leg slacks to make me look taller and proportionate
4. pointed toe shoes with a little heel to elongate my foot

I got all the compliments on my new slimmer sleeker look that I could have hoped for. My sister, Toni, however knew immediately where I was getting my fashion advice from. She said, "You've been watching What Not to Wear!" the minute she saw my new outfit. Yup, I was busted! The family photos came out great, and I felt beautiful all evening, so "Thanks, Stacey and Clinton."

No comments: