Saturday, February 25, 2006

Strep Throat Blues

This has been a crazy week. Not yesterday but the Friday before, we got to babysit for some friends of ours over at their house. We watched their three boys. Actually, I should say we played with them. They have a huge train set at one end of their living room with remote control trains that the girls just loved! We read stories, played video games, and Daniel became a human jungle gym. It was like watching acrobats. All the kids would line up and Daniel would take turns flipping them upside down!

The next morning I woke up with strep throat. I wasn't positive that's what it was, but my throat was swollen up and painful. On Monday I went to the doctor and confirmed it. The antibiotics fixed the problem, but yesterday my hands started to break out in an itchy rash. I tried lotion on them, but it just made them feel like they were burning. So the doctor prescribed me a different form of antibiotics today. We'll see how that goes. I just hope that none of this has affected little "Kevin". On the upside, none of the kids we babysat or anyone else in our house got sick, just me.

No comments: