Thursday, May 17, 2012

Picnic Pops Gone Wrong

 Danya's middle school band was supposed to have a concert and picnic outside of their school.  The weather forecast calling for rain changed their plans.  Although the night turned out to be cloudless and beautiful, everything was already set up in the gym, so they held it indoors.

Danya had some exciting music from Phantom of the Opera, Harry Potter, Star Wars and Indiana Jones.  She was very excited.  I only got to watch the first few performances, though, because I got a last minute invite to be a substitute for Bunco with my friends from church.  I've been hoping to be invited for YEARS, so I couldn't pass up the opportunity to play for the very first time and find out what it was all about.

I had a great time.  It was so much fun.  Apparently, it's just a dice game where you toss the dice as fast as you can to earn points.  Mostly, it's an excuse for the moms to get together without kids and talk non-stop.  I hope I get invited again some time!

No comments: