Saturday, May 26, 2012

Colorado Springs Vacation

 Just the two of us, a whole weekend away, no meetings to attend or work to get done.  Just us.  It was awesome.  We were waiting to take a trip like this until after the adoption was finalized.  It's so much simpler to hire an overnight babysitter when you don't have to follow the county's foster care rules.

It was great.  Daniel let me plan everything, but had final approval on some of my crazier ideas.  First we went to a castle because I've always wanted to see the inside of a castle.  It was interesting.  It had been a sanitarium and apartment complex and private residence over the years.

Then we went to the Cave of the Winds and took their lantern tour, which is a bit more adventurous than the standard tour.  We were really climbing through small tunnels and up slippery rocks while carrying oil lanterns.  Afterwards, I convinced Daniel to try the Wind Walker experience with me.  We just happened to pick one of the windiest days ever.  I was praying the whole time and clinging to each post like my life depended on it as I made it across each section.  Daniel said I made it look easy because I went fast.  That was grim determination to get it over with as quickly as humanly possible.

We also loved the beautiful resort that we stayed in.  It had everything from swimming pools to tennis and a private lake.  We rode several water vehicles that I've never tried before.  I panicked a bit in the canoe, though.  Those things just wobble way too much for comfort.  We played pool with strangers in the lounge and had chocolate and strawberries in our suite.  It was beautiful.



No comments: