Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Off to Oklahoma!

 This year we made the 12 hour drive to Grandma's house in Oklahoma with 11 kids!  I fully expected it to be a nightmare.  We had two 2 year olds and one pregnant teenager with us.  I figured we'd be making bathroom stops about every 30 minutes.  Instead, everything went smoothly, there was almost zero complaining or fighting, everyone played nicely together and enjoyed the activities we brought along for the trip.

The only bad thing that happened was that, when we stopped for lunch at McDonald's, I left Danya to guard my phone while I took "Happy" to the bathroom.  She messed with it without permission and ended up accidentally putting a coded lock on it.  We couldn't figure it out.  We called the phone company who couldn't help us, either.  All they could do was tell me how to do a complete reboot of the system.

Everything was lost.  It wiped my sim card (which I forgot to take out first) and deleted all my apps and downloads.  I had just bought a new $13 e-book.  That was gone, too.  I almost cried.  Then I got over it.  And started the slow process of trying to get my friends' phone numbers again.  I'd like to point out that I've had a cell phone for over a decade... but I've never lost all my phone numbers until we decided to buy a phone that had games on it that my kids actually want to play. Thank you very much, evil technology monster.

No comments: