Sunday, February 08, 2009

Snow People

It snowed not that long ago. Luckily, I didn't have anywhere I needed to be at that time because I don't know how I'd manage crutches in the snow. It was tricky enough in the following days trying to avoid patches of ice while getting in and out of the car. Have I mentioned how much I'm enjoying having the handicap parking tag so that I don't have to make it as far on my crutches? I've got that little scooter, too, now but it's not as helpful as I thought it would be. I mostly just use it when I have to make it down long corridors or inside a store. Yes, my doctor got annoyed that I'm not laying down with my foot elevated enough, but there are some things I'm not missing out on. Like picking out Katie's new changing table or the court hearings for the kids.

Daniel and the kids decided to take some time to enjoy the snow before it was completely gone. They spent a fun day building snow men at the park and in our front yard last week. Brother determinedly built a snowman all by himself that ended up being taller than him. He wouldn't let anyone help. He's a very tough little four year old. Daniel kindly took pictures for me since I couldn't be out there to watch. When I saw them I told Daniel that it's incredibly gross to eat snow, especially snow from a public park, but he disagrees. He said he taught the kids the basics: "If it's white, it's alright. If it's yellow, let it mellow." Must be a dad thing.

No comments: