Sunday, February 08, 2009

Luau Night at AWANA

Since I only ever posted a picture of Snow White in her butterfly costume from Luau Night, I thought I'd add pictures of the other three girls who dressed up. Although the themes they've been coming up with at AWANA don't seem to have any particular biblical purpose, Danya decided she would have a meaning behind her costume.

So Danya was a tropical flower and on each petal she wrote one of the fruits of the spirit. Gloria was a coconut tree, but sadly her hat fell apart just as she arrived at church. Thumbelina was a bird of paradise, which might pass muster as having a slightly biblical theme, I guess. They didn't win any prizes, but I thought the costumes they made with Grandma Nancy were very cute. I was only able to offer suggestions, not help, since this was only two days after I broke my leg and I was still in a lot of pain. One good thing was that since I can't go downstairs I didn't have to see whatever mess was left after their flurry of creativity. Always a silver lining, right?

No comments: