Monday, May 08, 2006

Riverside Ride

Last week we packed up the girls bikes and went for a ride down Riverside drive in Tulsa. There is an extremely long biking/walking trail there that Daniel and I hadn't been to in a very long time. The girls really enjoyed riding along with Daniel running after them. He hadn't brought his bike because he was planning to take off Danya's training wheels and help her learn to ride without them, but we didn't end up doing that. There were just too many people there for her to safely try going solo for the first time.

I walked all the way to the big fountains next to the bridge that leads across the river to the PSO power plant. It took me about 30 minutes to get there. Then Daniel and the girls rode across the bridge to go see the PSO plant while I stayed behind and read my book. After walking back to the park next to where we'd left the van, the girls played for a while before we headed home.

It was a really gorgeous day, although maybe walking an hour in 80 degree weather while being 8 months pregnant wasn't the wisest idea, lol. I was SO glad to lay down when we got home!

No comments: