Monday, August 15, 2011

Lake Beauty

We went back to Cherry Creek Lake, just our family, a couple of weeks later. This time we brought rafts and shovels and buckets so we could really play. The kids got filthy, covered in sand, half drowned from all the times they fell off a raft, and generally had a fantastic time.

We got Katie a new swimsuit, too, since her old one was getting pretty snug. I'm still amazed at how much she is growing up. She took off on potty training finally. I guess the M&Ms were a good motivator. She also loved the dances and silly songs I would do when she was successful. Even now, every time she comes out of the bathroom she sings at the top of her lungs, "I went pee pee in the potty!" She's got a rhythm to it and sort of a rap tone, too. She does the funniest accents some times. I know she gets it from me, but somehow it's even funnier when she does it.

No comments: