Thursday, August 11, 2011

Down on the Farm


The boys were doing a unit study about farms and farm animals, learning the names of the mothers and babies. They were making a file folder display project and the older girls wanted to participate, too. Part of the fun of homeschooling is that you are never to old to join in on the fun. Not only do lessons get reinforced both directions as the older kids get to hear previously learned lessons again as I teach them to their younger siblings, but the younger ones also learn a lot before I even officially teach it to them because they hear me teaching the information to the oldest kids and then the middle ones. Kevin often can tell me all about a lesson before I teach it. He'll say, "I know, Mommy. I heard you tell Brianna (or Shane, Gloria, Danya).

No comments: