Thursday, November 25, 2010

A House Full & A Heart Full

We had the best Thanksgiving this year! Daniel's entire immediate family agreed to come from Oklahoma, Texas, and Florida to spend the week with us in our new home. We had 19 kids and 10 adults all under one roof, and all but two of them actually slept here! Every room was full to bursting, but the kids had a great time and Daniel was so proud to welcome his family into his home. We've never owned a place big enough to fit this many before.

I'm still amazed we managed to fit everyone onto the stair case for our annual group photo. I was also happy that our former foster daughters, Smaly and Selina, were able to be with us again for Thanksgiving. This is the third year they've joined us. Daniel had to climb a chair and brace the tripod and camera on the kitchen counter to get this photo. Then, while I was holding Katie up on the stairs I somehow managed to twist my back and pull a muscle. I couldn't lift my arms or carry anything and it hurt to move for about two days afterwords.

Daniel printed an 8 x 10 of this photo and I framed it and hung it... you guessed it... on the wall of the staircase.

No comments: