Tuesday, September 07, 2010

The Boss (or so she thinks)

Katie is 100% sure that she is in charge here. If anyone tells her, "no" about anything at all she will burst into tears and tell us "they said no to me!" She will demand that I sing to her, "Mommy SING!" and she will smile sweetly while doing what we've told her not to.

If we try to talk to her about what she's done wrong (because she can fully understand us), she will squeeze her eyes shut and pretend she's not there. She is the most talkative child we've ever known. We're constantly amazed at her vocabulary. Or, as she would say, it's "awesome!"

What's odd to me is her logic. She will hit someone repeatedly to get what she wants or to get their attention, but if they grab her hand to stop her she will scream bloody murder and run to tell me that, "hit baby, no no!" That's what she calls herself. If you ask her what her name is she'll tell you, "I Baby". She also likes to point to me and announce to strangers, "that my mommy."

She's a very strong willed, outspoken little 1 1/2 year old and she very much knows what she wants. I think we'll have to continue to disagree, however, on who is actually in charge here.

No comments: