Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Purple is Fun

A couple of months ago Daniel bought me an old beat up blue cabinet at a garage sale. It didn't look like much, and it didn't cost much, but I knew it had potential.

We recently got around to refinishing it together. On one of our infrequent date nights Daniel and I went to Home Depot to pick out some primer and some paint. I chose purple because it's my favorite color (besides blue) and because it continues my habit of choosing just a few special purple accents to brighten up my home. I have a purple desk chair in my scrapbooking room that I also love. They go nicely against my yellow basement walls.

Daniel stripped the cabinet down while the kids and I were in Oklahoma. So all I had to do was some touch up and then prime and paint it one windy day in September. Danya helped me choose new knobs at Lowe's and she and Gloria both helped me spray paint it. It turned out very nice and currently is holding homeschooling supplies and diaper changing supplies. I love family projects!

No comments: