Saturday, January 09, 2010

Recent Movies

It seems like we've been to the movies a lot lately. No, we didn't see the Chipmunks "Squeakuel", but we did see this cute statue in the lobby. I took pictures of each chipmunk so that I can do a scrapbook page comparing my girls to them. I see Danya as Simon, Gloria as Alvin, and Brianna as Theodore. And Daniel makes the perfect Dave. Although, now that they have the new movie out with the girl chipmunks, maybe I should compare the older girls to them and have the boys and Katie be the original chipmunks...hmmm.

So, of the movies we saw recently, there was the good, the mediocre, and the "want my money back". Sherlock Holmes was good. Princess and the Frog was okay. We really shouldn't have watched Couples Retreat. Everyone we know is going to see Avatar, but Daniel and I just aren't really interested. It looks like a lousy plot with mildly interesting special effects. It's just no Lord of the Rings.

Of the new movies out I'd like to see Leap Year, Robin Hood, and Did You Hear About the Morgans. Movies that seem like a really bad idea? The Toothfairy and the new Jackie Chan movie where he's a babysitter secret agent.

No comments: