Wednesday, January 20, 2010

LOVE MY SLICE!

I'm calling it my belated Christmas gift because it was something I'd been telling Daniel I really really wanted for months last year. I even put it at the top of my Christmas wish list. Unfortunately, it just cost way too much. Until this weekend, that is.

Danya and I stopped by our local scrapbook store that's going out of business this month on our way home from her friend's house where she had a sleep over the night before. The store owner was selling a used Making Memories Slice die cutting machine kit and three extra design cartridges for only $95!! I almost squealed out loud with excitement.

I hurriedly called Daniel to beg him to let me buy it and just minutes after he said yes two other women were asking if it was still for sale. Nope! There was only one because another customer had bought it, used it once, and then asked the store owner if she would sell it for her. I can't believe it! This is about $300 worth of product, not even including tax. And since it was a private sale between customers I got it tax free. AND, I already had a store credit for $11 so I really got it for $84.

For the past few days I've been having fun playing with it making shapes and titles. Each cartridge has multiple alphabets and shapes that can be cut in multiple sizes in half inch increments from 1 to 4 inches. I LOVE THIS TOOL!! This is probably the coolest most useful present I've gotten in years. I think I'll go kiss my awesome hubby again right now!

No comments: