Thursday, September 17, 2009

Lake Carl Blackwell

This is the lake I used to go swimming in with my family as a kid. We don't go often, but I remember the ooey gooey mud and the dark brown water that might hide toe nibbling fish or any number of other mysteries.

The kids and I went there with Grandma and Grandpa Elliott the day we headed home to Colorado. It's a good thing we didn't have more than an hour or so to swim because the kids treated Grandpa like their own personal pool toy. At one point he was exploding up out of the water like a sea monster with four kids clinging to his neck and back. Shane didn't seem to understand that Grandpa wasn't going to let him drown so he had his arms in a death grip choke hold around Grandpa's neck. I started to actually fear for Grandpa's safety! The kids got incredibly dirty and then showered there before we left. It's definitely something we should do again next year sometime when Daniel is with us.

1 comment:

I have a good life said...

What great fun! I can't wait to see how this school year is going for you. I can't tell you enough how I am in such great awe for the truly Christian service you do for all the children that you have to keep or have touched for a time. I admire you with all my heart.