Monday, November 07, 2005

Being Neighborly

After the zoo, we went out that night with our neighbors, Shane and Missy. This was our first ever double date, and we had a really good time! We met at Applebee's after Shane got off work. I can't even remember what we talked about. I just remember laughing alot.

One funny thing, or not depending on your viewpoint, was that 3 of us ordered steaks, and they were all cooked wrong. We wound up passing them around the table until everyone had one they were happy with, and they remade Missy's entirely. For a minute it felt like we'd all gotten caught in the middle of a 3 stooges bit.

Daniel and I have been making an effort to spend some time hanging out with other couples and I'm really enjoying it. As you can imagine, being a SAHM and a homeschooler, alot of my days and conversation revolve around my kids, so it's really nice to get a chance to discuss grown up subjects and not have to explain everything I say to a Kindergarten level. Shane and Missy both have a great sense of humor and are just alot of fun to be around. We've got to plan another date night together soon!

No comments: