Sunday, July 10, 2011

Scrapbooking a HUGE EVENT

After our week long staycation I had an enormous stack of photos to scrapbook... times 7. I make an album for each of my kids and then another for Daniel and I together. If I did separate layouts about each event I'd be doing something like 15 layouts per album. I simply don't have time for that.

So, what I did was design one layout plan, incorporating a significant photo from each event, with a mix of group photos and close ups of the child whose album I'm working on. Then I simply duplicated it for each album. I attempted to add a little bit of uniqueness in the center of each layout with different stickers and accents, but otherwise they are identical. This way I was able to get away with only making seven layouts, each taking about 30 minutes to assemble. Total time to scrap a week long activity packed vacation for 8 people? 3 1/2 hours which is about a weeks worth of scrapbooking time for me if I make it a priority.

No comments: