Monday, January 03, 2011

The Biggest Loser

Starting on January 1st, Daniel and I decided to challenge each other to lose weight. We started out with mini goals that we had to reach before February 3rd in order to be allowed to use the Toby Mac concert tickets that Daniel surprised me with. My first goal was to get back under 200 lbs. I made it by the end of January. My next goal was to lose 10 lbs. I achieved that by the second week of February. My next mini goal is to have lost 10% of my body weight. I'm half way there already.

Daniel has really made good use of the treadmill we got in November. He's up to running 2.5 miles in 31 minutes. I'm really proud of him. He's been such an encouragement to me. Our big goal is to reach our total weight loss goal by this summer. If we both make it then we will take a big 15th anniversary trip, just the two of us (assuming we can get someone to watch the kids for a few days), probably down to the beach near Galveston, TX like we did a few years ago when I was pregnant with Katie. I'm really proud that every week I have consistently lost at least a pound since we began this weight loss plan. We aren't following any specific plan, just eating sensible portions and exercising more. That, plus a LOT of prayer is getting us there.

1 comment:

I have a good life said...

AWESOME!!!! I am really proud of you guys. That takes so much discipline. WOW! Great job!