Monday, March 22, 2010

Double Date with Deanna

We planned a double date with our friends, Deanna and Chad, while Sarah babysat our kids and theirs at our house. Then we all drove over to their house and ate pizza and played a board game. I lost horribly. Apparently I'm no good at guessing anything about my friends. That's probably because I'm a talker and not very good at listening. It's a good thing I married Daniel who is the complete opposite. Good listening skills are also one of the traits I admire in my friend Deanna. Just for fun, I thought I'd list a few other...

Things I Admire about Deanna:
1. She has a passion for Jesus and growing in her faith, always seeking to know Him more and draw closer to Him.
2. Her gentle spirit which, although it lets her get easily hurt, also makes her slow to anger and quick to forgive.
3. Her compassionate heart which shows in the way she's always trying to help others.
4. Her patience and positive attitude which help her to put up with and still love those with poor people skills... like me.
5. Her powerful faith and commitment to her family through thick and thin.

Clearly that's not a complete list, but it covers some of my favorite attributes that she displays. I've heard it said that we admire in others what we wish we saw in ourselves. I could definitely benefit from imitating my friend in many areas.

No comments: