Thursday, September 22, 2005

Swing Time

The question is: Am I a good mommy for taking them to the park today, or a bad mommy because it was 95 degrees outside? The girls seemed to have a good time. They went down the scorching hot slide, took turns pushing each other on the swing, and played in the sand. Another little girl came at almost 4pm and they played with her. When they first wanted to play on the swings we realized that someone had wrapped them around the top to shorten the chains. So I spent several minutes tossing the swings up trying to get them over the bar. The first one wasn't too hard. The second one I got the swing seat over, but the chain got tangled on the giant nuts and bolts fastening it to the top of the swing. I had to stretch to my tiptoes with the seat in my hand and try to nudge the links of the chain off of the bolts. I don't want to even think what I must have looked like sweating in the 95 degree heat, my pants sagging down showing my white granny panties, my shirt lifting as I stretched my arms over my head showing off my flabby belly. I was thinking how embarrassed I would've been when I was a kid to have someone see my mom looking like that. But when I got the chain fixed so my kids could swing they just jumped up and down squealing, "You're the best mommy ever!"

No comments: